MGIO Interoffice Memo
To: Richard Boyle, Chris Corbally, Dan McKenna, Randy Swift, Lucy Ziurys, Tom Folkers, Steve Buffalo, John Waack, Bonnie Ferguson, Brenda Bejarano, Donna Ornelas, Amanda Torrio
From: Mary James
Subject: Hantavirus Alert
Hantavirus precautions/suggestions from the Custodial Department
· Participate in Hantavirus awareness training with Risk Management; i.e. codes bh2 & bh10. Updated Recommendations for Risk Reduction may be found @ The Center for Disease Control via the web. www.cdc.gov
· Install or replace existing trash cans with covered trash receptacles
· Continue pest trapping/control & use proper clean-up & disposal
· Encourage employees to eat in designated kitchen/dining areas
· Clean up crumbs and spills after cooking & eating. Dispose of packaging & drink containers in receptacles immediately.
· Store all food products in cabinets, lockers, refrigerators or heavy plastic/rodent-proof containers. (Inspect fruits & packaging for signs of chewing)
· Inspect buildings for areas of possible rodent entry which are ¼ inch or 6 mm in diameter and seal.
Copyright Arizona Radio Observatory.