The following is the responsibility of the ARO staff:
- To insure that the equipment needed for your observations is available and
installed at the telescope.
- To provide sound telescope pointing.
- To provide you with fundamental telescope calibration parameters -
efficiencies, beam widths, etc - at standard observing frequencies.
- To provide advice on observing strategies, if requested.
- To provide training on how to use the telescope system, including both the
computers and the receivers. This will primarily be done by the Telescope
- To help the observer in case of trouble.
- To care and feed the telescope system.